Monday, 19 May 2008

Boost.TR1 package

For those of you interested in using only the TR1 portion of the Boost C++ libraries, you can download a package I created for this purpose. It is about as lightly tested as things can get. I just used bcp to extract everything and copied the minimal amount of stuff needed to run the TR1 tests.

For those of you who don't know what TR1 is, see the Wikipedia page on TR1.

Anyway, you can download the package here (OS indicates line endings):



Steps to running TR1 tests:

  • Download one of above and extract

  • cd boost_1_35_tr1

  • cd tools/jam/src

  • ./build.sh or build.bat

  • export PATH=`pwd`/bin.*:$PATH or set PATH=%CD%\bin.ntx86

  • cd ../../../

  • cd libs/tr1/test

  • bjam


The above will only run the TR1 tests. I just noticed that the regex tests are missing. If anyone cares, leave a comment and I'll see what I can do.

To use in your own code, read the Boost.TR1 documentation.

Also, this is in no way official, so please don't bug the Boost guys if you have a problem. Bug me instead :-)

No comments: